Have you ever felt like life was handing you setback after challenge after tragedy after crisis? I definitely have. And yet, time and time again I’ve managed to push through, persevere, and rise again. And, if you’re like many of the women I know and with whom I’ve worked, you have, too. Not sure if you remember these toys, but a friend told me years ago that I’m like a Weeble – “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down!” I think that’s such a great description!
In today’s episode I talk about
- Positive psychology, the scientific study of human flourishing
- The concept of learned helplessness and what this means for our own lives
- The cycle of thought – feeling – behavior
- Optimistic versus pessimistic thinking
- Shifting from seeing things as happening TO you to happening FOR you
- How we can cultivate our own resilience and strength in the face of challenges
- How we can shift our way of thinking so we rise up stronger than ever
It would really mean a lot to me if you would go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a review (hopefully a great one!), leave a 5 star rating, subscribe to this podcast so you never miss an episode, and download the episodes! And please spread the word and help our community grow!
Thank you so much spending your time with me! And if you aren’t following me already, you can find me on Instagram, click here to join the PurposeGirls Facebook Group, and click here to receive my newsletter.
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life.
Bye for now!