Are you a woman who loves herself? While many women say yes, at the same time they also admit to have disrespectful behaviors towards themselves on a regular basis – Taking on too much in order to avoid disappointing somebody else, as well as not making enough time for self-care for the sake of meeting the needs of others are usually clear symptoms of not loving yourself that much.
In this episode of The PurposeGirl Podcast, I’m fortunate to be joined by Marta Spirk; writer, podcaster and woman empowerment coach. Her focus is teaching women how to increase their self-esteem and improve self-image by going on a deep-dive in inner work and personal development. Marta shares with us how getting to know yourself deeply and learning what true self-love means to you can have an awesome impact in your life. No better words than her own: “An empowered woman is a woman who takes responsibility for her happiness, her success, and for anything that’s positive in her life, instead of expecting it from somebody else.”
In this episode, Marta and I discuss the following:
- Self-awareness as the beginning of self-love: you can’t love somebody you don’t know!
- There’s not a standard recipe that works for everybody – You must find out what true self-love means to you. Specificity equals success!
- Reviewing your own personal background is crucial to understanding why you have come to develop certain aspects of your personality.
- Keeping a “brag book” is a great strategy to overcome your “negativity bias.”
- Confidence has a lot to do with self-image and how you feel about your body, because that’s what makes the first impression.
You can take a closer look at Marta’s work on her official web page (http://www.martaspirk.com), Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/spirkmarta), Instagram account (http://www.instagram.com/martaspirk) and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/marta-spirk).
It would really mean a lot to me if you would go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a review (hopefully a great one!), leave a 5 star rating, subscribe to this podcast so you never miss an episode, and download the episodes! And please spread the word and help our community grow!
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life.
Bye for now!
About Marta Spirk
Marta Spirk is a writer, podcaster and woman empowerment coach. Her focus is teaching women how to increase their self-esteem and improve self-image by going on a deep-dive in inner work and personal development. Through her podcast The Empowered Woman, her virtual self-improvement school and in-person workshops, she hopes to encourage and uplift women to step into their own power and realize they can DO IT ALL!