When I first started PurposeGirl I started with the dream of creating a movement of women coming together in their power and shifting the world for the better. I’ve always been fascinated by movements of women that start organically, where women gather and take a stand for something together. My guest today has created such a movement, a movement that has been leading people to feel empowered in their minds and bodies. My guest today is Sadie Lincoln, the co-founder and CEO of barre3.
In today’s episode of The PurposeGirl Podcast, Sadie talks about:
- Working out at home shortly after the birth of her first child and what she learned about listening to her own inner voice.
- The importance of paying attention to what she really needs, and the importance of building a company by paying attention to what people really need.
- The need to be intentional in defying the countless messages coming at us that attempt to disempower us around our bodies.
- How some member of the fitness community send exactly the wrong kinds of messages, and how barre3 is different.
- The emphasis on encouraging modifications at barre3, where members are taught many variations on poses and exercises so they can choose what to do based on what their bodies really need, thereby empowering them to choose for themselves.
- A new way of thinking about what it means to be a badass.
- What it means to be empowered from within.
- The impact of having been raised by a sisterhood of women.
- How the idea of belonging and community is core to barre3.
- The importance of having one’s business be driven by purpose.
- Getting clear on your distilled essence is the hardest thing you’ll do.
- The importance of self-awareness practices.
- Barre3 retreats
You can learn more about and follow barre3 on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/barre3company), Twitter (https://twitter.com/barre3), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/barre3 and https://www.instagram.com/sadielincoln/).
Note: In this episode Sadie talks about an upcoming barre3 retreat, but this interview was recorded shortly before the coronavirus spread throughout the United States, so dates have changed since the recording of this interview. Please go to https://experienceb3.com/ for information on future retreats.
To learn more about Goddess on Purpose, please go to https://carinrockind.com/goddess.
Also, you can pre-order my new book (or order it, depending on when you listen to this), Wonderful You, at Amazon here (https://amzn.to/2WEF4U6).
It would really mean a lot to me if you would go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a review (hopefully a great one!), leave a 5 star rating, subscribe to this podcast so you never miss an episode, and download the episodes! And please spread the word and help our community grow!
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life.
Bye for now!
About Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln is the co-founder and CEO of barre3, a fitness company focused on teaching people to be balanced in body and empowered from within. Starting in 2008 with the flagship studio in Portland, Oregon, barre3 has grown to include more than 140 franchise studios powered by female entrepreneurs, plus an online-workout streaming-subscriber base in 98+ countries. What started as a workout has blossomed into a full-blown movement made up of millions of people focused on body positivity, being empowered, and redefining what success in fitness means.
Sadie is on Inc.‘s Female Founders 100 list, has been featured on NPR's How I Built This, and speaks regularly on the topics of mindful leadership, the power of body wisdom, and the movement to redefine what success in fitness means. Beyond running her company and being a global spokesperson, Sadie still enjoys teaching barre3 classes to many of her founding clients in her hometown of Portland, Oregon.