I love the end of the year! It’s such a magical time, with the holidays, looking back and savoring all the wonderful moments and accomplishments of the past year, and looking ahead to the unlimited possibilities and potential of the upcoming year. And it’s even more special right now as we head into the year 2020, a number that conjures up vision and clarity, and the start of a new decade.
In today’s episode, and at this magical transition point, I’m talking all about how you can set yourself up for success in the new year and the new decade.
In particular, I talk about:
- What the science of goal setting has to say about why the majority of New Years resolutions fail
- How we as women need to rethink new years resolutions and instead get in touch with, and use, our desires in conjunction with our goals, combining the feminine and the masculine
- Starting with how we want to feel, and who want to be, not what we want to do, in 2020 – and I give lots of examples from my own desires
- How we can think of our goals as SMART goals and SMART PLUS goals
- The importance of backing up your goals with your “why”
And if you’re listening to this episode right when it comes out, you’ll want to sign up for my free training, Be EMPOWERED in 2020, which will be held at 7 pm ET on Monday, December 16! In this training I’ll be going over the 3 pillars of a happy, fulfilled woman, the # 1 issue that is keeping women from being free and alive and on purpose (and it’s probably not what you think!), my proven 5-step process to becoming the empowered woman you want to be, and more! Register at [purposegirl.com/2020]!!!
This episode is brought to you by our sponsor, Ritual Vitamins, and Ritual is offering my listeners 10% off the first three months of a subscription! Check it out by going to [ritual.com/purposegirl]!
During this episode I mentioned the Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology program (in which I teach). To learn more about CAPP, go to getcertifiedinpp.com, and if you do register for CAPP, use this code [carinr27] to get $150 off!
It would really mean a lot to me if you would go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a review (hopefully a great one!), leave a 5 star rating, subscribe to this podcast so you never miss an episode, and download the episodes! And please spread the word and help our community grow!
Thank you so much spending your time with me! And if you aren’t following me already, you can find me on Instagram, click here to join the PurposeGirls Facebook Group, and click here to receive my newsletter.
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life.
Bye for now!
Leave a Reply