Here we go…
Do you hate Mondays? Most people do. It’s dreadful to go to work that doesn’t inspire you, report to a boss who doesn’t appreciate you, and then go home to a jam-packed schedule full of everyone else’s needs, just in time to crash and do it all over again the next day. It’s awful, and yet, most people do this.
I used to. I remember the dread so well, shuffling through the day, suffocating in silence, feeling completely stuck, and totally scared that life would always be this way. I remember crying in the shower years ago, “I guess this is it – I guess this is all there is to life.”
There is so much more. You weren’t weren’t born to dread life. You were born to LIVE FULLY with joy, passion, and fervor. That’s what waking up was for me today – and it can be for you.
I know – it seems impossible. Or overwhelming. Or completely not doable, irresponsible, and selfish. But is it? Is it selfish to do work you love? To be excited for Mondays? To jump out of bed, feel enthusiasm for the new week, and curious about all that it has in store for you? It’s the most selfless thing you can do. Imagine how you LOVING your work and LOVING LIFE would benefit your family, your lover, your co-workers. You’d be spreading joy and hope, and inspiring others to feel the same.
I spent last Monday doing a full-day Activation Session with a client who hates her work and yearns to do something meaningful. She’s had an inspiring idea for a long time, but has been too afraid to pursue it. It’s scary to think about giving up the known – even if it’s making you miserable. So she and I worked out a plan to BOTH make her current work more enjoyable AND begin her inspiring project on the side. She is now so energized that her husband thinks she’s a different person!!
You too can live your purpose and love Mondays again. I do, and now my client is on her way. I just shared how to live your purpose on the free Positivity Life Podcast. Click here to listen for empowering exercises and an inspiring story to move you forward.
Plus, here’s a few tips to love Mondays:
- Recognize that almost everything is a choice.You get to choose where you work, who you live with, and how you think about situations. If you dislike your work, recognize that you’re choosing to stay there. It’s empowering to stop playing the victim and take ownership of your choices. Say “I may not love it here, but I choose to stay because of (X) and I’m okay with that.” Or, if you can’t bear it any longer, make a new choice. There are millions of ways to make money in this great universe. You can uncover your purpose and pursue work you love. You just have to choose.
- Decide to be positive Wake up on Mondays with gratitude for a new week and new opportunities to shine. Begin the week with journal writing, meditation, or a quiet walk where you ask yourself, “What do I want this week?” Set an intention. Look at your calendar with gratitude. Look at your work with gratitude. Write it out. “Thank you, job, for financing our mortgage.” Or, “Thank you, job, for teaching me new skills.” Even have gratitude for the challenges, CHOOSING to see challenge as an opportunity to grow and learn. When you flip negativity to gratitude, you begin to see the situation differently.
- Make your current job FUN Consider what you love doing and bring that to work
Ask yourself how you can bring your strengths to your current job. Ask work friends to talk about a mutual passion. Consider the company mission and see how your personal purpose can align to it.
- Schedule YOU Time.Look at your calendar every Monday and put in 5 – 10 minutes of YOU time every morning before the rest of the household gets up – or just when the kids leave for school. Sip your coffee, gaze at the trees, write in your journal, meditate, breathe. However you start your day is how the day goes. Same with Mondays – how you start the week is how it goes. Schedule a brisk walk break in the middle of your day to re-energize. Also schedule at least one hour just to YOU to read, take a bubble bath, learn a new hobby, or call friends. Just time for you to LOVE life.
- Envision the future Whatever your life looks like now is not what it has to look like next year, or even next week. Remember, you get to choose. So choose to be in a different place next year. Commit to it. Search your soul for its calling. Take time to re-awaken your dreams. Allow yourself the possibility of asking, “How can I make that happen?” See yourself fulfilled. Check into small action steps forward. And if you’re stuck or unsure, get a coach to help you figure it out like my client last week did! Humans are always evolving forward, so if you feel stuck, you are going against the grain of natural life.
Whatever you do, remember this: You don’t have to hate Mondays. You can love your work, you can love your life.
Have a great Monday and a great week!
PS – If you want to chat about activating your purpose, email me, I’m happy to chat for 30 minutes to see if an Activation Session is for you.