A few years ago, I was in the middle of a really rough period. Two years after my first miscarriage I was still having frequent panic attacks, so I said to my mom, “I think I've had anxiety since starting this business.”
She replied, “Carin, you've had anxiety since you were 3.”
3?! I'm not exactly sure what a 3 year old gets anxious over but reflecting back, I knew she was right.
I remember being at my Bubie's house (that's “grandmother” in Yiddish), and watching all of my older cousins laugh and play together. Other than my sister, they were all boys, OLDER, and BIG. I stayed in the corner with my thumb in my mouth and my blankie nuzzled up to my chest.
Since then, I still sometimes want to hug my blankie and stay in a corner!!!
When I had an inkling that my purpose was to empower women, I put my proverbial thumb in my mouth and hid in fear for 8 years.
Perhaps you can relate.
I hear from SO many PurposeGirls that fear and anxiety hold them back from living their purpose, but as we go into 2020, I want you to be EMPOWERED, I want you to feel BRAVE, I want you to step over fear and move forward in your purpose!!!
I WON'T LET ANXIETY AND FEAR WIN and I won't let it win for you either. Our purpose is bigger than the anxiety!!
So on this week's episode of The PurposeGirl Podcast, I interview the best anxiety expert I know. Here's the catch – he's our FIRST EVER, male guest – Dr. Todd Pressman. Yes, he’s THAT good!!
Todd is a dear friend of mine and a well known expert in the study of anxiety. Considering one in five people (1 in 5!!!) suffer with anxiety, I knew it was crucial to have THE best expert in the field for this important topic.
In this episode, Todd walks us through:
- How fear (Todd uses fear and anxiety interchangeably) is underneath all sources of suffering
- The importance of getting our minds around the one core fear underlying all our own suffering and how that can give us true power
- The five deceptions of fear
- How we can uncover our one core fear, using his process, Digging for Gold — and Todd takes me through this exercise (I get RAW and REAL!!)
- His exercise, Flowchart for Your Life Journey
- Our chief defense that we’ve used throughout our lives to protect against our core fear
- Exercises to help you work with your core fears and pursue your path on a daily basis (including The Alchemist, The Witness, and The Warrior’s Stance)
- How to choose Fulfillment and Purpose over Fear!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Already, two women have told me that they listened to the episode TWICE because it was that valuable!
Plus, if you want to be fully on purpose, on fire, and in your power in 2020, join my free live training “Be EMPOWERED in 2020” on December 16 at 7 pm ET. On the training, I'm going to teach you:
- To clarify your top desires for 2020
- The 3 pillars to being a happy, fulfilled woman
- The #1 issue keeping women from being free, alive, and empowered (It will surprise you!)
- My proven 5 step process to becoming the EMPOWERED woman you were born to be
- How to ensure that you identify and take steps to live your purpose in 2020!
It's going to be SO empowering and SO great – you WANT to be there! Click here to register! And if you can't be on the training live, you still want to register because then I'll send you the recording. Click here!
We can live WELL even with anxiety. You can THRIVE no matter what! In fact, I believe that our challenges make us EVEN STRONGER, WISER, and MORE POWERFUL so if you're like me and have suffered from anxiety – or whatever challenges you've had, see it as your greatest TRIUMPH, turn that pain into PURPOSE and let's rock out 2020!