Happy Pride Month, PurposeGirls! To all of you who are out, questioning, and/or closeted, I’m proud of you, and I love you! While many queer people wear their identity with pride, many of us also have had challenging or traumatic experiences connected with our queerness.
Today’s guest on the PurposeGirl Podcast is no stranger to the complicated and the incredibly beautiful sides of being queer. Suzanne Falter is an author and podcaster who helps busy women find happiness through self-care. After losing her 22-year-old daughter, Teal, in 2012, Suzanne’s work has evolved to help busy women learn more about self-care– a lesson she learned in her grief.
And she helps women all over the world actually find the time for self-care, even when it seems impossible. Talk about a Goddess on Purpose, right?
In today’s episode, Suzanne and I talk about:
- Suzanne’s personal coming out story, and her mindset around the process of sharing her truth with her family.
- My bisexuality, and how a painful and abusive experience I had with my first love – a woman – has led me to doing this intimate healing work.
- Suzanne’s writing, examples of her favorite lesbian characters she’s dreamed up, and how she finds inspiration from her own life for her writing.
- The tragic and sudden death of Suzanne’s 22-year-old daughter, Teal, and the impact that Teal’s passing has had on Suzanne’s life – including about the letter Teal wrote her 6 months before she died.
- How my husband, Josh, helped me to feel safe enough to really explore and accept my sexuality.
- Suzanne’s mission and gift for the world.
- The message of pride: being who you ARE.
About Suzanne Falter:
Suzanne Falter is an author and podcaster who helps busy women find happiness through self-care.
After losing her 22 year old daughter, Teal, in 2012, Suzanne’s work has evolved to help busy women learn more about self-care– a lesson she learned in her grief.
Over the last fifteen years, Suzanne’s work has been featured in More, O Magazine, The New York Times, Coast to Coast AM, Tiny Buddha, Elephant Journal, Woman’s Day, The Wall Street Journal, SELF, The Christian Science Monitor, as well as more than 100 TV and radio programs. She is also the author of How Much Joy Can You Stand, Living Your Joy, and Surrendering to Joy, as well as 8 novels, including the popular lesbian fiction series, Oaktown Girls.. Suzanne lives in Oakland, California with her wife.
The Self Care Group for Extremely Busy Women on Facebook
Self Care for Extremely Busy Women Podcast
Connect with Carin Rockind:
Follow Carin on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/carinrockind)
Sign Up for Goddess Getaway MIAMI! (http://www.mygoddessgetaways.com)
Join the PurposeGirls Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/PurposeGirlsGroup/)
Subscribe to the PurposeGirl Newsletter
Visit The PurposeGirl Website
Buy Carin's Quote Book – Wonderful You!
Thanks for listening, love! Let’s change the world. Go to Apple Podcasts and leave a 5-star review and subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Leave a Reply