One in eight couples – or 7.3 million women in America alone – go through infertility. I am 1 in 8. But there’s an aspect to my journey to motherhood that I’ve never shared, and in this episode, I share the full truth to help other women and couples get pregnant: We used an Egg Donor. I felt so much shame around this, as many women do with egg and embryo donation. But now I'm proud of it, so in this episode, I share my journey – the whole thing… the shame, the fear, the decisions, the pain of Mother's Day when trying to conceive, and more. I share to help women going through this – and to help you create ANY dream in your heart.
Even if you’re not on a fertility journey, even if you never want kids, you want to hear this episode because it will touch your heart and inspire you like no other. I bawl, I laugh, I bear my soul. Recording this wasn't easy and I wasn't sure I could share it all. But my purpose in life is to inspire women, and when I reminded myself of that, I knew I needed to share ALL of it.
This is the Mother’s Day podcast episode everyone needs – the love story of how a little boy and I came to be connected forever. So, grab some tissues and settle in to listen to the most intimate and vulnerable episode I’ve ever made for you. Because I love you.
In this emotional, challenging, beautiful episode, I share:
- The “secret” I've carried around using an Egg Donor and why
- The shame, fear and pain I had to overcome to make this decision
- All the different things we tried – doctors, health changes, birth specialists, fertility specialists, IVF and more – to get pregnant
- The beauty and wonder of egg and embryo donation
- How for many women, Mother’s Day isn’t just brunch and flowers, but a time of grief, trauma, pain and remembering loss
- My personal history with miscarriage, and how common it is
- The traditions that Josh and I developed to still make Mother’s Day special in the past and how we’re integrating Shay into our traditions now that he’s here
Join me, Sister, for this emotional beautiful episode. And please share this episode with every woman you know who’s experienced infertility, miscarriage, challenging births, or any difficult emotions with Mother’s Day. That’s how we change the world, one woman at a time.
I love you!
PS – Are you getting my newsletter full of PurposePower tips every week? Get it to be the first to know about programs, retreats, and special discounts to work together, and to get your free Living on Purpose Guide. (carinrockind.com/newsletter)
PPS – Want Sisterhood and daily support? Join the Free PurposeGirls Facebook Group! I post prompts, motivation, and do free live videos and challenges to get you on purpose and loving life!! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/PurposeGirlsGroup/)
PPPS – Have you SUBSCRIBED yet? Go to Apple Podcasts and hit “subscribe” – it ensures more women find The PurposeGirl Podcast and helps me get great guests!
Finally… Love The PurposeGirl Podcast? Go to Apple Podcasts and leave a 5 star review, subscribe so you never miss an episode, and download ALL the episodes to listen again and again!
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life!!
Bye for now!
And for resources and support around infertility, please visit:
- Resolve (https://resolve.org/), “the National Infertility Association since 1974”
- ReproductiveFacts.org (run by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine)