Have you ever found yourself just waiting to feel more confident before undertaking a certain activity? Maybe postponing starting your own business or asking for that promotion until the fear of rejection or failure minimizes? Well, in order to make that happen, you’ll have to be courageous first. This is how it works: The more courage you have, the more you’ll take action when you’re scared; therefore, the more confidence you’ll have in yourself.
In this episode of The PurposeGirl Podcast, I’m fortunate to be joined by Amy Klien, co-founder and CEO of Give Her Courage, a retail company with a mission to build courage and confidence within young girls and women all around the world. Amy shares with us some major tips in order to help women become more self-assured, risk-takers and eventually turn into the CEOs of their own lives. As she puts it: “Confidence is being comfortable in your skin and loving all of your own imperfections.”
In this episode, Amy and I discuss the following:
- In comparison with men, women are less used to self-promoting or taking risks because they are usually too afraid to failing or not looking perfect.
- Self-image seems to drop significantly among girls at the age of ten to twelve years, when all the bullying and meanness of middle school kicks in.
- The importance of parents encouraging their kids to do activities they feel passionate about.
- Social media is a powerful tool, but it must be approached with moderation, since it can have quite a negative impact on young girls.
- How focusing on things related to their own wellbeing and personal development can make it easier for girls to cope with other people’s opinions and judgments.
- It’s key to put failure in a positive light: if you don’t fail, then you’re not trying. Every time you fail, you learn something that gets you closer to your goal.
You can connect with Amy on Instagram (@givehercourage) or you can reach out to her at email@example.com.
It would really mean a lot to me if you would go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a review (hopefully a great one!), leave a 5 star rating, subscribe to this podcast so you never miss an episode, and download the episodes! And please spread the word and help our community grow!
May you live purposefully, may you love yourself, and may you love life.
Bye for now!
About Amy Klien
Amy is co-founder and CEO of Give Her Courage, a retail company with a mission to build courage and confidence within young girls and women all around the world. From corporate business executives to Instagram Influencers, Amy and her partner Kelly have released books, jewelry and other retail products to help instill confidence in young girls.
With every purchase of one of their products they donate 10% to charities that help give girls a fair shot. Kelly and Amy have been featured on multiple podcasts and radio shows like The Jill Kargman Show on SiriusXM, The Product Boss Podcast and have a long list of ‘girl gang’ members including Carole Radziwill, Gretchen Rocci, Teddi Mellencamp and Katherine Heigl. You can follow them along on their instagram page @givehercourage.